Montag, 18. März 2013

Changes

Even though I would like to describe myself as a spontaneous person that embraces changes in her life I must admit that I am not. It probably sounds boring but I love the secure feeling continuity conveys. That's also the reason why I am not a big traveller in spite of the fact that I love to dream about travelling to foreign places. New things and changes always scare me and put me on edge.
Paradoxically, at the same time I never tend to be content with the present situation. I am always like: "If this or that changed in my life, I'd be so much happier!" 
So there I am waiting for things to change and then when finally something changes I am not satisfied either.

However, I try to improve myself in this respect because new things certainly are not always bad and have the potential to make you happier. And there is nothing you cannot get used to.

That's why I plan to try out a lot of new things this year and as the beginning of the year and springtime for me epitomize change, rebirth and the possibility of a new start, I have already started to put this plan into action (this blog is just one example of the new things I am trying out at the moment).

But now my newfound readiness to cope with changes is put to the test. I've mentioned before that my sisters don't live near me. One is living in Ireland and I only see her twice to three times a year. I was able to see the other one more often because she is living in Germany but this weekend I learned that she will soon move to Ireland as well.

Now don't get me wrong: I am very happy for my sister and her husband. They have a house in Ireland and it was clear from the beginning that sooner or later they'd move there. But it also makes me sad because I won't be able to see them as often as before. And I am afraid that later when they start a family I will be a stranger to their kids.

I know that it isn't easy for my sister and her husband as well and that they will be leaving Germany with "one laughing and one crying eye" (a German saying).

Yet I am determined to see the positive aspects of this change as well (or even to fight down my anxieties connected to it).

  1. I will have two sisters living in Ireland which practically makes me Semi-Irish as well.
  2. I might see them more seldom but at least when we will meet it will be for longer periods of time.
  3. When I visit Ireland I have the choice of two accomodations: the artist's chalet situated close to the sea but also close to Galway City and the married couples' modern family house with a romantic air placed in the middle of nowhere.
  4. More reasons to visit Ireland!
  5. The comforting fact that I know that my other sister now has part of our family close to her.

And in the end I have to stick to what the great Eckhart Tolle has said:

"Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge."

Family



Some changes look negative on the surface, but you will soon realize, that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge. --> http://myzitate.de/stichwoerter.php?q=Veranderung

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen